We are looking for a System Tester to join our exciting team in Dundee, working as part of our System Test team on the WRLD map platform. If you’re excited by the prospect of being at the core of an innovative team, I suggest you read on.
Part of the team:
Working at WRLD means you’ll always be working on something interesting. We pride ourselves on being agile and pragmatic, working at a swift, sustainable pace to deliver early and often. We are working with a mix of established and emerging technologies such as C++, iOS, C# and Cloud Computing. You’ll never be a cog in the machine at WRLD, as we expect our team to be flexible and adaptable.
Our agile development approach and regular reviews of working practices mean that learning and improvement are integral to our day-to-day working lives. As a small studio, we are always striving for ways to be more effective. We do this through frequent, open communication, tight collaboration between disciplines and an absolute minimum of bureaucracy.
We think this provides the perfect environment for us to realize our full potential. We are making a place where good people can become great.
The System Tester is responsible for testing the WRLD platform to ensure it is of high quality. This includes testing the WRLD SDK as well as apps on iOS, Android, Unity, WebGL and Windows. The role is primarily a manual testing role but there is opportunity to participate in automated testing.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Exploratory, functional, and performance testing.
- Finding defects for our platform products and apps.
- Development and execution of test suites and test plans.
- Working in a tightly-coupled multi-disciplinary team.
- Testing on multiple environment setups including iOS, Android, Unity, WebGL and Windows.
- Solving complex defect replication methods.
- Formulating and articulating qualitative feedback on our products.
- Investigating defects reported by customers working with the WRLD platform.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- You must have a passion for testing high quality software.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a cross-functional, team environment.
- You will have strong problem solving skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills that allow you to solve and report problems as part of a team.
- You have an analytical mind and are able to maintain a high level of concentration and focus whilst working under pressure on multiple projects’ workloads.
- You should have excellent attention to detail and have the desire to ensure the quality of released software.
The following are a definite advantage, but don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack:
- Experience in exploratory, compatibility, functional, non-functional, and performance testing.
- Experience in testing 3D environments.
- Test experience with applications on one or more relevant platforms (iOS / Android / Unity / WebGL / Windows).
- Degree-educated in a related discipline.
- Experience of test automation and test tools, such as Selenium, Chromeless, Postman.
- Fluent in an OO language (e.g. C++, C#, Java).
- Strong understanding of modern API and web development practices.
- Working in an Agile environment.
- ISEB/ISTQB qualified.
But what can we offer you?
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your awesome skills:
Flexible work hours and more:
On top of the salary, we offer a comfortable, modern and friendly place to work with flexible work hours and other fun stuff like: Internal hackathons Regular team lunches and after work outings. Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.
If you want to work on a revolutionary 3D mapping platform, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
WRLD3D is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.